Friday July 2
Tall Ships Welcome Party
The Pride of Baltimore, Wilma Lee, and Providence are headed to the Annapolis Harbor for the weekend. Catch the arrival around 4 PM then the official welcome at City Dock with Annapolis Maritime Museum personnel, National Park Service staff, and Mayor Buckley at 5:30 PM.
Community Picnic at Maryland Hall
Bring your own dinner or purchase something tasty from a food truck and come out for the big family picnic at Maryland Hall. A DJ will be spinning tracks and there will be kids crafts that might end up on a float in the Saturday Parade.
4 to 8 PM @ 800 Chase Street
Live Music at Chambers Park
7 to 9 PM @ 14 Dorsey Avenue
Tango on Main Street
Main Street will be closed between Francis Street and Church Circle for tango dancing with a live orchestra.
7 to 10 PM
Saturday July 3
The Annapolis parade will step off at 10:30 AM at the intersection of Amos Garrett Road and West Street and march to City Dock.
Painting en plein air
Artists in collaboration with the Art in Public Places Commission will be painting outside at various locations around downtown all weekend.
Fun for Kids on Main Street
Main Street will be closed between 12 and 4 PM for chalk art, hula hoops, and bubble machines.
Big Bands on Main Street
Main Street will also be closed between 2 and 6 PM for big bands:
- 2 PM - Souljourners
- 3:15 PM - Bayside Big Band
- 4:15 PM - Spa Creek Band
- 5 PM - Naptown Brass Band (will walk down Main Street to City Dock)
Dinner Under the Stars
It wouldn't be an Annapolis summer Saturday without Dinner Under the Stars. Grab an al fresco bite at Stan and Joe's, 49 West, Luna Blu, Rams Head Tavern, or Tsunami and eat right in the middle of West Street. Live music from 6 to 9 PM from Rose Moraes Band.
Don't miss gospel music on the stage from 6 to 7:45 PM and Motown music from 8 to 10 PM.
Dance on West Street
A Brazilian band will play music while you dance on a closed West Street from 2 to 5 PM.
Salsa Dancing at City Dock
Try some salsa dancing at Susan Campbell Park from 6:30 to 9:30 PM.
Star Spangled Restaurant Week
A great group of local restaurants are offering specials July 3 - 11 to celebrate the Severna Park Chamber of Commerce's Star Spangled Restaurant Week:
- Adam's Grille
- Romilo's Restaurant and Bar
- Garry's Grill
- Founder's Tavern
- Hellas Restaurant and Lounge
- East West Bistro
- Ledo Pizza (552 Ritchie Highway)
- Steak and Shake Millersville
- Sofi's Crepes
- Pats Select Pizza and Grill
- Park Tavern
- Donnelly's Dockside
- Cafe Mezzanotte
- Blackwall Barn and Lodge
Sunday July 4
West Annapolis Parade
The West Annapolis parade will have a ceremony with Mayor Buckley at 9 AM then step off from Wardour Circle at 9:30 AM and march to West Annapolis Elementary.
Choir at People's Park
Stop by People's Park at 44 Calvert Street between 9 AM and noon to enjoy the voices of various local choir groups.
Eastport's own Independence Day parade will step off from Eastport Elementary at 10:30 AM and march to Turner Park.
First Sunday on West Street
Live music returns to the First Sunday Arts Festival this weekend. Shop with 100+ local artisans between 11 AM and 5 PM on West Street between the Graduate Hotel and Church Circle, as well as down Calvert Street to People's Park.
Dance on Main Street
DJ Landis will spin tracks while local dance groups give presentations and let everyone in on the fun.
3 to 6 PM. Main Street between Francis Street and Church Circle.
Live Music Dance Performance at City Dock
MC3's contemporary dance company will give a performance at Susan Campbell Park at 6:30 PM. Then the Naval Academy Brass Band will perform at 8 PM.
Fireworks in the Harbor
Annapolis will launch a grand fireworks display from a barge in the harbor around 9 PM. The best viewing places will be at City Dock, the Naval Academy Bridge, street end parks facing the harbor, a stand up paddleboard, and of course... on a boat in the harbor itself. The Eastport bridge will be closed to traffic towards downtown at 6 PM and remain closed until 10 PM.
Monday July 5
Severna Park Parade
This year's theme is Celebrating our CommUNITY. The parade will start at 10 AM on Benfield Road then march to Evergreen, left on Riggs, right on Baltimore Annapolis, then end on Cypress Creek Road.
Don't miss the kids decorated bike contest at the Chamber of Commerce starting at 9:15 AM. 1 Holly Avenue.
Also see shuttle service below.
- Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
- Park Place Garage - 1 Park Place
- Knight Garage - 1A Colonial Avenue
- Bladen Street Garage - 9 St. John's Street
- Gotts Garage - 25 Northwest Street
- Whitmore Garage - 25 Clay Street
Starting at 4 PM on July 4 and going until 10:30 PM, there will be no parking (with towing enforcement) in the following areas:
- City Dock
- Main Street
- Randall Street
- Market Space
- Severn Avenue inbound from 6th Street to 1st Street and outbound from 1st Street to 6th Street.
- Bembe Beach Road from Awald Road to the end.
Resident only parking:
- East sides of First, Second, and Third Street between Severn Avenue and Chester Avenue
- South side of Chesapeake Avenue and Chester Avenue between Riverview Avenue and Burnside Street
- Bay Ridge Avenue between Sixth Street and Burnside Street
Shuttle Service on July 4
The Circulator trolley will run from the Knighton and Park Place garages to the top of Main Street from 8 AM to 11 PM. The city is also providing shuttle service from gate 5 at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium to Lawyers Mall from 5 PM to midnight.
There will be no regular Annapolis Transit Bus Service on July 4. City Transit will operate normal service July 2 and 5.
The Eastport bridge will not open July 4 between 8:30 PM and 11 PM. There will also be a 1,000 foot safety zone around the fireworks barge. Boaters are encouraged to select their anchorage well in advance of the fireworks show.
What's Open? What's Closed?
City of Annapolis offices will be closed July 2 and July 5. The Pip Moyer and Stanton Centers will be open July 2 and 5, but closed on July 4. The Truxtun Park pool will be open 11 AM to 6 PM on July 4. The pool will be open regular hours July 2 and 5.
The Anne Arundel County Public Library will be closed July 4 and 5.
City: Monday collections pushed to Tuesday. Tuesday collections pushed to Wednesday. No bulk metal collection Wednesday.
County: Monday collections pushed to Tuesday. Tuesday collections pushed to Wednesday. All facilities closed.
Saturday July 3
- Starting at 10:30 AM be alert to rolling road closures for the Independence Day parade. The parade will step off from Amos Garrett Blvd. at West Street; continue on West Street to Church Circle, down Main Street ending at Susan Campbell Park at City Dock. Please be alert to Police direction during the parade.
- Between 12 PM and 7 PM, Upper Main Street will close between Francis Street and Church Circle for family-friendly activities and live music.
- Between 2 PM and 11 PM, Inner West Street will close between Church Circle and Calvert/Cathedral Street for Dinner Under the Stars and live music.
Sunday July 4
- Starting at 9 AM, Melvin Avenue between Wardour Circle and Annapolis Street will have rolling road closures for the West Annapolis Civic Association Independence Day parade.
- Starting at 10:30 AM, Fifth Street and Chester Avenue in Eastport will have rolling road closures for the Eastport Independence Day Parade.
- Between 11 AM and 5 PM Inner West Street will close between Church Circle and Calvert/Cathedral Street for First Sunday Arts Festival.
- Between 3 PM and 6 PM, Upper Main Street will close between Francis Street and Church Circle for live music and dancing.
Before and during fireworks
- In Eastport, vehicular traffic into the north side of the Eastport Peninsula will be restricted between 6 PM and 10:30 PM. Pedestrian traffic will be permitted. Roadblocks will be set up at 6 PM at Sixth Street and Severn Avenue denying access to downtown via the Spa Creek Bridge.
- Prince George Street will be posted “Resident Only Parking” from Craig Street to Maryland Avenue from 2 PM to midnight. East Street will be posted “Resident Only Parking” from Prince George Street to King George Street from 2 PM to midnight. Randall Street will be posted “Resident Only Parking” from Prince George Street to King George Street from 2 PM to midnight.
Vehicular traffic will be denied access to the downtown area beginning at 5 PM until approximately 10:30 PM Road blocks will also be set up in the following locations:
- King George Street and College Avenue
- Prince George Street and College Avenue
- North Street and College Avenue
- Church Circle and Main Street
- Duke of Gloucester Street at Conduit Street, at Green Street, at St. Mary’s Street and at Compromise Street
Traffic will be allowed to flow down Duke of Gloucester Street from Church Circle and into Eastport via one lane (not into downtown Annapolis) until 9 PM. At that time, the Spa Creek Bridge will be closed and Duke of Gloucester Street will be closed to ensure pedestrian safety and to facilitate the movement of foot traffic leaving the area after the fireworks display.